Stenden/NHL CO2 compensation award9 maart 2017
- The mission of the Sustainability research group is to support the hospitality industry to become future-proof.
- What will be the future of hospitality? That is the key question being researched by the Innovation in Hospitality research group.
- The mission of the studies group is to study hospitality and hospitableness as a human phenomenon.
Academy of International Hospitality Research
The Academy of International Hospitality Research (AIHR) is the research unit of the Stenden Hotel Management School (SHMS) at Stenden University of Applied Sciences. With campuses in the Netherlands, Qatar, South-Africa, Bali and Thailand, the Stenden Hotel management School is probably the largest and most cosmopolitan hotel school in the world. This profile and position of Stenden HMS offers AIHR a truly international platform for doing research. The AIHR synthesizes the activities of the three Professorships (lectorates) of the Stenden Hotel Management School in order to make them stronger than they independently could be.
The three Professorships (lectorates) of Applied Sciences of the Stenden Hotel Management School are:
1. Sustainability in Hospitality and Tourism - Dr. Elena Cavagnaro; Professor (of Applied Sciences)
2. Hospitality Studies - Prof. Conrad Lashley; Professor (of Applied Sciences)
3. Innovation in Hospitality - Dr. Sjoerd Gehrels; Professor (of Applied Sciences)
The research findings of the AIHR are intended to have an impact on the hospitality industry and to contribute to improving education in hospitality. Therefore, the AIHR is closely connected to the industry to ensure that its research addresses industry needs. Staff and students are involved and encouraged to do research that is relevant to the designated fields. This ensures the research lines are embedded in the curriculum. We refer to this approach as Professional Research.