- publication: 16 december 2019
AIHR is very glad to share this news, posted by prof dr Willy Legrand on 12/12:
I am very pleased to announce that the 2020 CEO PANEL on Sustainability is out as of today.
CEOs of some of the largest and prominent hotel companies in the world have been asked to provide their views on strategy, marketing, technology and sustainability as we enter a new decade.
As you know, this week high-ranking ministers from governments around the world are in Madrid for the final days of negotiations on the rule for implementing the 2015 Paris Agreement. Backed up by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: “Next year is the year of truth. The year when we must move decisively to an economy that really starts to reduce investments in fossil fuels.”
With this in mind, leading hotel CEOS have been asked:
“How do they see the calls for more sustainability within their organization and, in particular, our responsibility to bring about a carbon-neutral future?”
Today, the answers have been released today with input from some of the global hospitality industry heavyweights including:
- Chris Nassetta, President & Chief Executive Officer at Hilton
- Thomas Willms, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Deutsche Hospitality
- Martin R. Smura, Chief Executive Officer of the Kempinski Group
- Michael Levie, COO and Founding Partner at citizen
- Heather McCrory, CEO of North & Central America at Accor
- Ramón Aragonés, Chief Executive Officer at NH Hotel Group
to name a few prominent contributors to the Sustainability Panel. (Access: https://www.hospitalitynet.org/panel/125000028.html)
For all academics, this is excellent material for class discussions – engaging the future generation of industry professionals.